Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Westbound and Down... Loaded Up and Trucking...

...paraphrasing "Smokey and the Bandit's" theme song...

I'm in St. Louis now, waiting for my fancy pants "mobile marketing vehicle" to be finished so I can drive it back to Los Angeles (actually, I'm heading for San Diego for the first event of the tour, but a few hours later I'll be in L.A.).

I was hoping to have a couple extra days to enjoy the drive, as the route runs along remnants of Route 66, but it looks like I'll have 2 1/2 days to make the trip.

Ugh.

Anyway, I'm hoping to set up the capacity to audio blog from the road, and to post photos in the evening... if I have any energy left.

Ten hours of driving per day will be just right.

I plan to stay here for the first night.... and have already reserved room 215...

blogging LA has a great post for those looking to rent cars on the cheap...