Thursday, January 20, 2005

Viva capitalism!

Today is "Don't Spend A Dime Day", in protest of the Bush inauguration.

I don't get it, as much as I don't get most protesters. Actually, I'm even a little more confused over this particular form on protest.

Why should I try and weaken our economy to protest the President?

Other people are wearing all black today. I don't have a problem with that. Good test ground for my proposal to celebrate Halloween twice a year.

But withholding business from local merchants is just silly.

Reminds me of some truckers who recently protested rising diesel fuel costs by parking their trucks in the middle of a Los Angeles Freeway, side by side, during rush hour. If they wanted attention, they got it. If they wanted public sympathy it would only come as a napalm Hallmark card.

So today, I've set up my office at a local Starbucks (which, by the way, is offering 1 month unlimited wireless for only $9.99 via T Mobile). Later, I'll be heading to Staples for a few supplies to complete my portable office. And in the meantime, I'm working for the most recognizable shoe brand on the planet.

Viva capitalism!

And in another case of my annoyance with liberal zealotry, Rolling Stone has declined to run an ad for the Bible citing they "are not in the business of publishing advertising for religious messages." More from CNN.com.