Monday, October 10, 2005

"Choke" the short film - now online!

The promised Ouija board short film is now available for download and review. I may end up cutting this down to around thirty seconds, from its current one minute, fifteen second run time... but I'm waiting for critiques and suggestions before I move forward.

The challenge here was trying to replicate a low light situation, with no budget for lights. Even the best miniDV cameras aren't suited for the challenge, so I was happy that it actually looks okay. Even the digital effect I tried to do I think is pretty convincing.

Take a look, let me know what you think.

"Choke" hi res
WMV, 6.2 megs
"Choke" med res
WMV 4.7 megs


(Having trouble creating a Quicktime version of suitable quality and file size -- if anyone has experience converting to QT with Adobe Premiere Pro, please send tips my way: unsomnambulist at gmail dot com.)