Monday, February 06, 2006

McCain vs Obama!

My favorite Republican, John McCain just sent a clean and solid blow to my favorite Democrat, Barack Obama in the form of an open letter.

Painful to me, as I respect the apparent honesty and bipartisanship of both men. But in the letter, McCain disputes Obama's efforts of trying to be non-partisan with regards to lobbyist reform, and shuffles his feet without going outright and calling Obama a liar.

"I would like to apologize to you for assuming that your private assurances to me regarding your desire to cooperate in our efforts to negotiate bipartisan lobbying reform legislation were sincere," is how it all begins.

I haven't dug into the background on this particular issue too deeply, but I sincerely hope these two can work it out. In the dreamland of Offline Adventures, I see a President John McCain with Vice President Barack Obama in our near future.